Finnish music companies embarked on a New York export trip
In October 2018 a Finnish delegation met with music industry professionals in New York. The New York Trade Mission programme offered workshops, company visits, speed meetings and networking with the local music community.
Music Finland arranged the New York Trade Mission export trip between 17-19 October with Marauder Group as the main partner. The three-day trip program was aimed towards Finnish music companies who either plan or are already exporting to the US music market.
The program consisted of corporate visits, networking events and meetings tailored to the needs of participants. Companies visited during the trip included TIDAL and YouTube, while the workshop topics ranged from showcases to artist development and online marketing to music distribution.
The Marauder Group, an agency specialised in music communications and PR, organized the corporate visits and other trade mission content in New York, as well as helped Finnish participants expand their goals and networks.
The Finnish participants at New York Trade Mission were:
- Tapio Korjus (Rockadillo Records)
- Riku Pääkkönen (Ranka Kustannus)
- Markus Nordenstreng (Grandpop)
- Johanna Sauramäki (Saura Booking Agency)
- Matti Nives (We Jazz)
- Tomi Pulkki (Svart Records)
- Tiina Vihtkari (Sublime Music Agency)
- Martin Linnankoski (Vild Music)
- Joakim Berghäll (Boulder Music Helsinki)